CT-User

[ct-user] CT Won't Talk to PK-232

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT Won't Talk to PK-232
From: Frank Grossman WB2BXO <71042.1303@CompuServe.COM> (Frank Grossman WB2BXO)
Date: 30 May 97 01:00:14 EDT
I have been unable to have CT v. 9.27, running on my 20 Mhz 486 machine,
communicate with my PK-232.  I see no packet data when I open a monitor
window, and my system hangs with a "page fault" error when I try sending
characters to the -232.  Yet, everything works fine when I use ProComm or
Hyperlog to operate packet with the same computer and TNC.

All the "obvious" tests and fixes have failed.  Specifically, I've made sure
I'm testing in an operator class and contest that recognizes packet,
installed the TSRs, verified that my baud rates and IRQs are correct, and
verified that the hardware is actually communicating.

The PK-232 is one of the early models -- not a Pk-232MBX.

Any suggestions?

Frank
WB2BXO
71042.1303@compuserve.com