CT-User

[ct-user] RE: Adding sections for fd and ss

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RE: Adding sections for fd and ss
From: Ken Newman <N2CQ@compuserve.com> (Ken Newman)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 14:27:43 -0400
Dave and company,
  I downloaded the FD.dat, SEC.dat, and ar160.dat from the server via
e-mail.
I tried FD first and it get the famous general protection fault right away.
I tried your suggestion below by adding to the FD.dat:
NLA:   NLA, NFD, LAB, VO1, VO2;  VE

(removed the NFD and LAB from the MAR line)

Works fine! No crash and you can enter the above sections on the logging
line
and get the correct result.   I think I'll do the same for SEC.dat and
ar160.dat
Thanks for the tip!
73 de Ken, N2CQ

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
````

FROM:   INTERNET:NOAXL@aol.com, INTERNET:NOAXL@aol.com
TO:     CT-User  List, INTERNET:CT-USER@VE7TCP.AMPR.ORG
DATE:   06/22/97 14:43
Re:     [ct-user] Adding sections for fd and ss
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
From: NOAXL@aol.com Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 14:33:51 -0400 (EDT) Message-ID:

I was playing around with the fd.dat and sec.dat files trying to add the
labrador and Newfoundland section.

First I tried to just add the NL section and remove lab and nfd from the
Mar section. booted ct927 and yes it crashed.So then I changed NL to LAB
and made the choices to accept either LAB OR NFD.

Then I booted ct and it took it. CT added the section to the wanted list
under the alt Z command,  And then I booted ct using SS as contest and
seemed to work.  So there you have it give a try and let me know if works
ok.Make sure you change the sec.dat file to SS.

So now there are 79 sections for SS and FD not counting the DX section in
FD. I hope this is correct.

Any questions or comments please let me know

73 Dave KT0R (ex-N0AXL)

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org