CT-User

[ct-user] Simple fix for FD and SS problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Simple fix for FD and SS problem
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner) (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 07:34:08 GMT
I've been playing around with the FD.DAT and SS.DAT files trying to
make them work, and I've come up with probably the simplest fix of
all.  I don't know why it works, only a programmer could answer that,
but here's what you do:

Go to the line in either file that looks like this:

MAR:        MAR,NB,NS,PEI,VE1,VE9,VY2;  VE

and just remove the "A" from MAR (2 places) so the line looks like
this:

MR:        MR,NB,NS,PEI,VE1,VE9,VY2;  VE

That's all it took.  Fixed both files.  Apparently the program gets
confused with the mix of two- and three-letter abbreviations.  Make
them all two and there you are.

I'm using an older version of CT, 9.13, so later version users should
test this carefully.  In fact, so should ALL users.  Good luck and let
me know how it works for you.

73, Bill W7TI

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org