CT-User

[ct-user] 9.30 CTPATH?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] 9.30 CTPATH?
From: Jim Reisert <AD1C@tiac.net> (Jim Reisert)
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 12:30:45 -0400
At 12:18 PM 7/19/97 -0400, you wrote:

>With C:\CT\CT9.EXE (version 9.30) is started in the usual
>place (C:\ctlogs), it starts ok but never finds
>the .DAT files or the CT.hlp file.  It is necessary to run CT9
>in the C:\CT directory to find the .DAT files.

>Hmmmm, why is that?  By the way, the register.exe didn't
>make the CT9.EXE a registered version either, I tried it.

I know the 2nd problem is because Ken switched compilers.  You have to get
a new REGISTER.EXE.  I don't know if Ken has put it up on the BBS yet or not.

As for the FIRST problem (CTPATH), my guess would be that this is ALSO a
side-effect of the new compiler.  When Ken finds out about this, I hope he
can find the problem.  As a work-around, you can copy or unpack the CTY/DAT
files into your CTLOGS directory.  Not clean, but it works.

- Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert <AD1C@tiac.net>               http://www.tiac.net/users/ad1c/

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct