CT-User

[ct-user] CT Network - Ethernet

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT Network - Ethernet
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 23:26:35 +0000
Gord Kosmenko wrote:

> Hello CT User's ..... has anyone successfully established a ethernet
> connection/network, say for four sites ?
>
> I believe a number of months ago someone was working on this type of
> project ... can you advise ?

on my web site you can find the ct-ethernet tsr.  the version
on there will not work via the internet as it uses the universal
broadcast address that most isp's should filter out i think.  it
does work on a local segment, such as a cable in your shack, just
fine.  i am testing a version that may let you establish an extended
network if you have the right routing control and ip addresses to
support it.  on your local cable you can have as many machines as
you want with no com ports tied up.

i also have an update to the telnetx program that lets you connect
to a telnet packetcluster on the web and feed it direct to the
ct network without going back to a serial port.  you can not however
run this on the same machine you are running the ct-ethernet tsr
since they both must have control of the same ip address and port
to make it work (unless maybe you have 2 ethernet cards in the one
machine).

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net