CT-User

Re[2]: [ct-user] COM 3 & 4 config

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: [ct-user] COM 3 & 4 config
From: wwolfshohl@logicon.com (Will Wolfshohl) (Will Wolfshohl)
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:13:49 -0700

W7TI wrote:

> Be sure you get a com 3/4 board which is capable of being set
> to various IRQs.  Some of the cheapie boards are preset to share
> IRQs with com 1/2 only, and with those you can not run a second
> program which tries to share them.

Another problem to watch out for is some video cards (ATI and Number
9) for example utilize the addresses for COM4. With these video
cards COM4 is simply not usable regardless of the IRQ. I found out
this the hard way and called the vendor. They told me there was no
way to share their video card and COM4. Otherwise, as was said
before make sure to use IRQs that are unique for all other devices.

73 de Will KC6X

 -
 ---