CT-User

[ct-user] DVP hum with Kenwood ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP hum with Kenwood ?
From: Danilo Brelih <danilo.brelih@siol.net> (Danilo Brelih)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 13:25:37 +0200
> Hi
>
> Using TS950SDX with DVP (original Kenw. cable) and ProSet
> headphones (HC4) by Heil.
> I have really bad hum on my transmit signal using the DVP.
> Some one says there is a difference between chassis ground
> and microphone audio ground.?
> Have I need to try lifting one of the shields/grounds.?
> Which one (pin) on which end you try?
> Any other ideas?
>
> I ran lot of ground wire from the radio,computer case..
> directly to ground with no luck.

Hi again

After checking "real Kenwood cable" supplied by LZ Engineering - MA
for $44.95, find thay make BIG mistake with wire soldering on
Mic. plug side. They mis pin nr. 1,7 and 2.

Anyone at LZ cheking kabels before sale.?
It seems to me, nobody.!?

CUL fm Dan, S50U

P.S. DVP is now running just fine,and you ken check my audio
     quality in CQWW SSB as single op. 15m band. :)

Danilo Brelih                         HAM: S50U
Gorje 14A                          E-Mail: danilo.brelih@siol.net
5282 CERKNO                              : S50U@S55TCP.AMPR.ORG
SLOVENIA                            phone: +386 65 745 117
 -
 ---