CT-User

[ct-user] How CT Tells Time

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] How CT Tells Time
From: Frank Grossman WB2BXO <71042.1303@compuserve.com> (Frank Grossman WB2BXO)
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 22:57:46 -0500
I made my first (somewhat casual) contest effort using CT 9.27 with radio
control (CT-17 to IC-765), and CW keying today.  I ran into an interesting
anomaly related to setting time.

Specifically, when I set the system clock to the correct local time, I get
local time -- not GMT/UTC -- displayed in CT, and have to change it.  Next
time I reboot the computer, I have to go through the DOS date/time prompts,
and at least one time, had to reset the system clock.

What am I missing here?  How can I set things up so that I can start CT and
be sure the correct Zulu time is displayed and logged.  Can I do this without
worrying about my system's time?

Another question:  Can I use a DOS ".bat" file to start my COMTSR's.  I
didn't play with this much, but a quick test suggested that ".bat" files can
only run commands from and in the root directory.

Frank
WB2BXO