CT-User

[ct-user] ?Precedent & Check?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ?Precedent & Check?
From: Tony <ke6ynr@garlic.com> (Tony)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:41:17 -0800
Hi all,
   While getting set up for the ARRL Sweepstakes (SS) this coming weekend,
I encountered 2 mysterious dialogs. After entering the station data and
moving on with cntl-enter, CT8.53 asked "Enter Precedent". I tried some
numbers, my call, and finally entered "QUIT" before I could get beyond the
dialog. I was then presented with an "Enter Check" dialog which seemed to
freeze the computer; I had to use cntl-alt-del to reboot.

  I was unable to find "precedent" in the CT manual index or in the
Sweepstakes rules.

  Does anyone know what these dialogs are for and what acceptable entries
might be? Is this a bug? Is it time for me to install version 9?

   I'm using a 386-20 running DOS 5.0.

Thanks & hope to hear y'all this weekend,
  Tony

Tony Armendariz
Internet: ke6ynr@garlic.com
  Packet: KE6YNR@N6QMY.#NCA.CA.USA.NOAM