CT-User

[ct-user] CAT interface between 1000MP and CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CAT interface between 1000MP and CT
From: Roland A. Anders" <anders@mail.erols.com (Roland A. Anders)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:09:44 -0800
Lehtimaki Kari wrote:

> We have tested CT with three different 1000MPs
> and have not been able to make them communicate
> with CT.
>
> We have made the following observations:
>
> 1) It seems that the cable is not a NULL-modem cable like
> described in the manual of 1000mp, but a
> straight PIN to PIN cable without any crossings, right?
> At least with a straight cable we could see the CAT light blinking.
> We do not use handshaking, should we?
>
> 2) Resetting the 1000MP did not help. We still get the Yaesu timeout
> messsage.
>
> 3) We have no problems when testing the serial communications with TR
> software.
>
> Any ideas what could be the problem?
>
> 73 de Kari, OH2XX
>
> E-mail: oh2xx@sral.fi
>
> --
> Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
> WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
> Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Well, don't give up--my MP works fine with CT9.  Don't forget to
set up CT for 4800 Baud on RADIO 1 with the right com port.

On the first screen, you select FT1000MP for Radio 1,

And of course you have to set up the TSR.  Not that it will be the
same for you, but my TSR is set up for COM4, 4800 Baud, IRQ10,
Data format N81, flow control none, s/w int 64h, port adr 2Eh.

This is gotten by typing comtsr4 -b4800 -n81 -i10

The com port can be specified with the -p "switch"
For help with comtsr's type comtsr# -h    where # is any number 1 thru 8
(there are 8 comtsr's)  The -h switch activates a help screen. It will
show you how to set the comport address, flowcontrol, etc. with switches;
i.e., like -b -n etc.

As for the cable, yes, it is a straight through cable.  The manual
clearly says it is NOT a null modem cable.