CT-User

[ct-user] HELP - time is running out...

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] HELP - time is running out...
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 06:29:47 -0500 (EST)
I am trying to get the packet cluster part of CT to tun and seem to be doing
something wrong...my two computer guys have left the multi-op so i can't
justr let them hook iy up like i always used to....i am learning it the hard
way (which isn't bad, but you know i will be writing the stn configutation
down if i get it running)

With CT set up as multi-single i am experienceing the following problem:

When you do alt-t, to test out the packet option there is no feedback on the
screen as to what you type....it does not echo your keystrokes...

I will type in something and when i hit the enter key i will see the leds on
the tnc flash and the two meter rig leds flash but - nothing in the packet
window...

I seem to be connected to a "live" port since  the tnc and the two meter rig
both light up whenever i hit the enter key - but - no joy as far as seeing
anything....I am stumped....

I may try putting the tnc on another terminal of the station making it the
local and changing the current computer to the remote one....if that doesn't
work i dunno what to do...if you have been there and done this, please send
me an e-mail with what obviously dumb thing this QCCO (quarter century
computer operator) is forgetting....i have combed the manual and i am sure
gone right passt wghatever it is....

Thanks in advance....WWCW starts in about 12 hours and i am
panicing.....HELP!

73, GL

Jim, K4OJ
k4oj@aol.com