CT-User

[ct-user] Re: CT and IOTA Contest ?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: CT and IOTA Contest ?
From: Andy Cook, G4PIQ" <g4piq@blacksheep.org (Andy Cook, G4PIQ)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 18:32:21 +0000
Just back from holiday and seen Dave, G3NKC's request for IOTA support
inside CT. I'd like to add my vote to that one. As M6T/M7T we have used
TR for the last couple of years, but only at the expense of my temper!
Lots of crashes (particularly last year) and it really doesn't support a
multi-op environment as well as CT.

Personally, I'd even live without the right scoring - just the ability
to track the island multipliers uniquely across band and mode would be a
fine start. I recall looking at using the CQP profile and making up an
appropriate multiplier file, but think I found that wouldn't support
mults on each mode and band.

As Dave said, the contest seems to be growing very rapidly and I'd
expect well in excess of 1000 next year from right across the world.
It's in July by the way!

73,

Andy Cook, G4PIQ
g4piq@blacksheep.org