CT-User

[ct-user] TS850 and Interface Problem - Responses

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] TS850 and Interface Problem - Responses
From: Bill Parry" <w5vx@hiline.net (Bill Parry)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:32:37 -0600
I've been gone for three days and in the meantime I have had numerous
IF232c interface. I'll try to quickly summarize:

1. Apparently most stations are using the interface/TS850 with both version
8 and 9 with no difficulty, but a few are experiencing the same problem I
mentioned.

2. K1EA  mentioned that the problem I described is almost certainly caused
by an IRQ conflict of some kind. This was confirmed by others who have run
into the problem and who gave me an alternative configuration to try. As
soon as I can check and see if I have success, I will let you know the
specifics.

3. The difficulty can also be cause by turning the radio off and back on
without exiting CT. Apparently this has been mentioned before.

4. It appears that the MFJ interface (I didn't even know there was one) may
have a problem.

Thanks to all who replied!

Bill, W5VX