CT-User

[ct-user] v.9.37 CW keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] v.9.37 CW keying
From: Gary Yantis <gyantis@midtec.com> (Gary Yantis)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:07:48 -0600
Ron --
Is the CW erratic as heard from the computer speaker too (if not, could be
your interface)?   9.37 worked fine for me (CW keying) in WPX.  My computer
is a Pentium 166.   All the other functions of CT also worked OK including
band selection of my FT-1000MP.

Sounds like the dreaded "IRQ conflict" but you kind of ruled that out by
trying two different computers.  If it was me I'd re-load 9.27 from disk
(put it in a different directory so you don't disturb your original CT)
then I'd down-load 9.37 again and update the newly loaded 9.27.   Then I'd
run the new one in DOS (not a Windows shell) and see if the problem is
still there.  Good luck!

73
Gary, W0TM

On Monday, June 01, 1998 3:41 AM, Ron St.Laurent [SMTP:nd5s@ix.netcom.com]
wrote:
> Loaded ver 9.37 in a Pentium 160 for the WPX this weekend.  Code from the
> computer was erratic using LPT1.  I suspected the computer.  Switched all
> the peripherals over to an older 486-50 machine with 9.27 and it worked
> fine.  Reloaded 9.37 to the 486 and erratic code again.  The machine
would
> alter characters radomly.  One time ND5S would be sent fine.  The next
time
> it would be ND5I, then NBHS.  I apologize to the first 5 guys in the
> contest that had to bear with this situation.  I didn't have the side
tone
> on and I thought they just weren't copying me right.  Needless to say,
> jumping from version to version has made the time in my log a nightmare
> figure out.

[message truncated]