CT-User

[Fwd: [ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio]

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio]
From: Bill Bennett N7DZ <n7dz@qsl.net> (Bill Bennett N7DZ)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:00:48 -0700
--------------D088D0176C831BC36C8FE0B1

More tips about using CT under win/95, posted from private reply.

Thanks Brian!

73, Bill N7DZ

--------------D088D0176C831BC36C8FE0B1

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:39:57 -0400
To: William Bennett <WizardOfAz@cyberdude.com>
From: Brian McGinness <bmcginness@wirelessinc.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT sensing/polling the radio

I wrote one that they didn't post, hi hi. If you
look in your system settings in the control panel, you
will see a tab for hardware profiles. You can make a SECOND hardware
profile called CT - and you can go into the device settings and
turn the ports off just on the CT hardware configuration, leaving
them turned on for "original configuration". After doing this,
every time you boot windows 95 it will ask which hardware config
you want to use, #1 for original config, and #2 for CT. You
select #2 and the ports are already off. You select #1 and they are
all on! That saves you having to change them back after each contest
for normal use. This includes the lpt port too for CW keying. It works
great for me, I run CT in a window all the time now with my CT hardware
configuration, and I can have geoclock or my dx4win log going at the
same time in other windows.

73, Brian N3OC / V26OC