CT-User

[ct-user] FT-990 - FIF232C -Pentium II [266] and CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] FT-990 - FIF232C -Pentium II [266] and CT
From: W7OM@aol.com (W7OM@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:53:46 EDT
I first posted this problem on the Yaesu reflector last week.  Got lots of
suggestions; but got more "tell me how you fixed it" replies.  NO solution
yet.  One reply stated he thought he saw on this reflector the problem and a
solution.  After reviewing the CT-User archives with no luck, I am turning to
his reflector for some suggestions on a solution.

All the software was transferred from my 486/133 machine.  The dailly logger
works, NA works, TR works, but CT wil not.  All control the radio with no
difficulty. Here is the environment.

OS   Windows 98 [was Windows 95 on 486]
Radio control is via serial port 1 [Com1] IRQ4
Mouse is on PS with IRQ 12
Modem is on COM3 with IRQ 11
Keying is on LPT2

All IRQ were checked/double-checked and show no conflicts.

Situation:
1.  Under DOS [exiting W09 all together] CT has multiple memory readouts.
2.  Under Windows 98 shortcut, the memory problem goes away, the program
loads, then:
     Radio times out
     Entry of a contact is not possible with ENTER.

Does anyone recall a similar problem and solution.

73

Rod

w7om@aol.com