CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9.37 and CW interface

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.37 and CW interface
From: Sante - IK0HBN <ik0hbn@isa.it> (Sante - IK0HBN)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 06:42:21 +0000
At 11.31 27/07/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Sante:
>I have attachced a message from Ken Wolff who wrote the the CT program.  For
>some reason he changed the pinout when he went to version 9 of CT., I don't
>know WHY he did it, but it sure messed up a LOT of people.
>73 es GL
>Bob - WA1OFR - FN42ma
>
>At 07:12 PM 7/24/98 , you wrote:
>>
>>I homebrew the interface with paddle support (PIN 12,13 to pull up with a
>>10K resistor to Pin 14) but it seems CT does not support external paddle
>>almost in my case. The interface runs with TR 4.05 freeware....so the
>>interface has not errors.
>>Any hint?
>>Sante

>In versions prior to 9.3x pin 1 (strobe) does the keying, while pin 17
>(select) is held high to provide bias to the transistor. In versions 9.3x
>and above, strobe is held low, while select does the keying. I suspect you
>are using a slightly different circuit than the one in the CT manual.
>
>73, Ken K1EA

Thanks again to all who replied to my message. The thing leaves me with
some doubts is that I still using an old version of LPT interface from CT
manual and it continues running well also with the mods to the software
made by Ken. It's better so! Hope to have paddle support in a near future.
See you all starting tomorrow (Wednesday) from 1A0KM (CW and RTTY).
ciao Sante
--
                                  \\||//
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT BY:         (.)(.)