CT-User

[ct-user] UPGRADE WOES an old explanation

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] UPGRADE WOES an old explanation
From: alsopb@vance.net (alsopb@vance.net)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 14:36:04 -0500
Guys,

Digging through the archives for CT there was a message that the
compilier used for versions <9.3 thought memory greater than 32meg was
negative!   The solution proposed by Ken was to either upgrade to
version 9.36 or reduce the amount of memory to 32meg for the contest.

Hmm,

I'd be glad to upgrade but I need to know what version of 9.3x really
works for my purposes.  I realize a code as complex as CT will have some
problems no matter how hard a programmer works to fix bugs.  By working
I mean:
1. CW keyer works solidly from LPT1
2. Antenna control works
3. Rig interface works (for Kenwood and 1000MP)
4. Logging utilities and ADIF conversion utilities work
5. Previous <9.3 capabilities work.

I would appreciate any advice you have.  How about recompiling V9.27
with the newer compiler?

73 de Brian/K3KO
Vance Net Inc
End Of Message