CT-User

[ct-user] ct this weekend

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] ct this weekend
From: Paul Hellenberg W9JA <w9ja@contesting.com> (Paul Hellenberg W9JA)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:19:23 -0600
Hell all

We had the same problem with 9.37 seemed to be intermitted and possibly
operator
induce, never did track it down.

73 Paul

At 12:52 PM 10/26/98 -0500, Mike Walker wrote:

>We ran CT 9.36 in M/S, Nettsr, Packet, DVP, an IC-756 (configured as an
IC-775 x'46') and a TS-850.  Both rigs had home brew TTL/RS-232 interfaces
with them.

>No real problems other than each computer would hang at some random time.
These where 486's with 8 megs in them.  The hangs where consistent with
dialing the vfo (more often than not).

>Problem could be related to the high RF levels and the Packet Drivers or
Network Cards (one was a 3COM 3C509 and the other was an SMC if I remember
correctly).  We ran an 8 port hub with a Laptop connected as well.  This
allowed us to use the laptop as a live backup and to also check rates and
things without disturbing the operators.

>BTW, the IC-756 configured as an IC-775 works fine (just set the hex
address in the setup to x'46' on the IC-756).  Splits work and if you make
the sub band the active band, you can point and shoot something in the
cluster and it will change the sub band frequency.  Great for running and
doing multipliers at the same time.

>Now, too bad the audio on the 756 was split in each ear like the
FT-1000's.  Then I would have a better idea of what I was listening to.

>Mike

>Mike Walker VA3MW
>Corbeil Contest Club
>http://www.qrz.com/wrad/directory.cgi?VA3MW
>
>--
>Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
>Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com

Paul J Hellenberg W9JA ex KS9K Tru Line Lithographing Inc.
PO BOX  565      7900 Durand Av., Sturtevant WI 53177-0565
414 554 7300 -125    Fax 414 554 8217    Home 414 554 9170
http://www.contesting.com/Tours/W9JA/w9jahome.htm