CT-User

[ct-user] CT and time

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and time
From: Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl@digikey.com (Ron Stordahl)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:54:21 -0600
Dave

I run CT on an ancient 386SX-25 with DOS 6.22 and a BIOS that doesn't know a
thing about daylight savings time.  I have the clock set to GMT, yet when
importing the CT log into my logging program it was off by 7 hours!  But
nothing unusual happened when we crossed the daylight to standard setback.
I had to use the program CT_TIME to shift the CQWW98P.BIN file by 7 hours,
then all was fine.  So that was the solution for me although I no idea where
the 7 hours error came from.  I am 6 hours from Z during standard time and 5
hours during daylight time.  Who knows?  I didn't see this when I was
running CT 8.
At least CT-TIME.EXE saved me.

Ron N5IN