CT-User

[ct-user] CT 9.37 & IC-735

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.37 & IC-735
From: Bill Claypool <71556.1273@compuserve.com> (Bill Claypool)
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:51:40 -0500
I finally decided to hook up my IC-735 to CT (9.37).  CT receives
frequency info from the rig OK, but I get bizarre results when I type
in a frequency and hit enter.

For instance, if I type "3567" VFO A may end up at "3.387.0" or
occasionally "3.3-7.0".  The middle digit is sometimes a number and
sometimes a "-", "C", or "E", which seem to be equivalent to 10, 11,
and 12 when I tune down from there.

Note that the MHz digits and the 1 KHz digit are always OK.  So,
everything works except for the 100kHz and 10kHz digits.  These two
digits are sent in BCD format in the same byte, so it looks like CT is
corrupting one byte before or while sending it to the rig.  Other rig
control software works OK with the same computer, rig, and cabling.  I
haven't tried older versions of CT.

IC-735 is on COM1.  COM2 has TNC or nothing (same problem both ways)
Cw sent on LPT1.  DVP installed.

Has anyone seen this happen to them?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Bill Claypool  NU0Q