CT-User

[ct-user] CW Stutter w/ 9.37

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CW Stutter w/ 9.37
From: Bradley Nowak" <bnowak@worldnet.att.net (Bradley Nowak)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:34:50 -0500
Carl is right.  Saw same problem at FD this year with no interface and
sidetone only (no RF).  The problem seems to be related to Win95.  When I
booted to DOS, the problem disappeared.

B. Nowak - N8SNM

----------
From: K2YR@aol.com
To: CT-USER@contesting.com
To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Date: Saturday, November 14, 1998 1:39 PM

I've passed this along to Ken last week already, but thought seeing some of
the replies to the problem, I'd post it here as well.  Simply put,  the
stuttering occurs no matter what.  I'm using 9.37 with a FT-990.  The
stutter
occurs with or without any other interface, ie: keying, other com devices,
etc.  You can here the stutter on JUST your side tone.  What I mean by that
is
VOX off,  NO RF OUT.  I too at first thought that it was just RF getting in
things.  In a reflector posting from Ken a couple days ago, looks like he
might be onto what the problem is.  Seems it's with FT-990, FT1000 and
1000D's, but not 1000MP's.  Also,  I can notice the problem very very
slightly, and the severity seems to change with CW speed,  even with ver.
9.27.  It's not bad though.  So perhaps the "older"  990's and 1000's not
only
don't like to send and receive data at the same time while sending CW (full
duplex w/ 9.37 according to Ken) But they don't like data transmission to
be
very close together as well.

Carl,  K2YR