CT-User

[ct-user] CT version 9.27

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT version 9.27
From: Dennis G. Peterson" <K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net (Dennis G. Peterson)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:09:35 -0600
Hi; I'm what you would call illiterate when it comes to software
logging programs. My wife got me version 9.27 last year for
Christmas, but I continued to log contests etc by pen and paper.
"OLD FASHIONED"  I know, I now have a Pentium 166mHz computer and
would like to occupy some space opn the 3 gig hard drive.  Since
I'm new at this and I have the manual etc. I was wondering if
anyone would like to become my ELMER and provide me with some
easy tips as to getting started, getting on, and getting hooked
up.  I would like to also use the keyboard with the transceiver
which is a Kenwood TS870s, but do not see any compatibility
references in the manual nor in the radio pop up menu.  I
understand that the pgm is fully compatible with all radios but
the 870 isn't listed.

I also see that N3JT builds and sells an interface for such
scenarios but I haven't been able to get any messages delivered
to him.  Contest weekend is fast approaching and I would like to
be up and running if that's at all possible.My 870 uses the 9 pin
COM connector on the 870 and the computer.

I would really appreciate some quick help and response on this.
Maybe even play around this weekend with the CQ contest just to
get acquainted with it.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks de K0CKDennis

--
Dennis G. Peterson
K0CKD ----- ex:WB9YTT & N7CKD

If you need a copy of the TopBand Frequency Allocations:
Send me an Email request at:  K0CKD.ennis@mcleodusa.net

phone: 319-263-2272
cellular:  319-299-2699
fax line:  319-262-0120