CT-User

[ct-user] problem w/install on 286 laptop

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] problem w/install on 286 laptop
From: John Kent <jkent@mhv.net> (John Kent)
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 11:34:59 -0500
I recently purchased CT 9.37.  It is working OK on my Win95 machine, but
I also tried to install it on a 286 laptop with DOS 4.1.  When I try to
run it I get:
DOS/16M error: [15] protected mode available only with 386 or 486

The CT documentation states that I should see a version specifically for
a 286 on my disk, but I don't see it.  My install disk has Ct.001, and
after running install.exe on my main machine I have CT.EXE there, but
I don't see any ct286.exe anywhere.  What am I doing wrong?

John Kent/AA2DY
jkent@mhv.net