CT-User

[ct-user] Re : CT938 Beta & some ARRL 10m comments

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re : CT938 Beta & some ARRL 10m comments
From: Cook,Andy,ARJ,NAK5 COOKAR2 M" <andy.rj.cook@bt.com (Cook,Andy,ARJ,NAK5 COOKAR2 M)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 22:41:18 -0000
Had a brief play with CT 9.38 Beta during the RAC contest and discovered one
problem which I think has been in CT for several releases.

If you do a Control-Enter to store a multiplier in the bandmap and ALT-A
window, it doesn't attribute the callsign to the correct band.

e.g.

Start CT on 20m. Move to 10m. Enter G4PIQ and do Ctrl-Enter. With BANDSPOT
set, G4PIQ only shows with a 28 MHz frequency when the band is set to 20m.

As M8T we also ran CT during the ARRL 10m and noted the following additional
issues. Except where mentioned, we tried these with both 9.37 and 9.27 :-

The F10 Check Multiplier window often only shows CW, though sometimes the
SSB line appears

There's no discrimination inside the ALT-A window of whether mults are
needed on CW or SSB. There seems to be some filtering when the packet spots
come in by what mode the station is currently on - i.e. it checks whether
the mult is needed on the current mode and determines whether to add to the
ALT-A window or not (although some odd ones seem to slip through - but I
think this has been previously reported). However, changing mode does not
change the content of the ALT-A window. I'm not sure whether it was
originaly intended to follow by mode, but some form of tracking these spots
by mode is essential (especially with the F10 window not working properly).
An alternative is the use of # ^ * in the to indicate needed on either mode
or both, but that doesn't appear to be active either.

In 9.37, the 10 minute rule check runs and marks up with violations by mode,
but it not valid for this contest (caused a bit of a panic on the first day
that sent me off to read the rules again!)

Thanks to Ken for all the hard work on the software.

73,

Andy, G4PIQ