CT-User

[ct-user] DOS drivers

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DOS drivers
From: Randy Powell" <w6sw@jps.net (Randy Powell)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:11:48 -0800
Well, it came out great, Don.  Lots of suggestions and I got great examples
like:

Win95 uses a file called Dosstart.bat. Here is what mine looks like:

C:\WIN95\CTCM
E:\PROGRA~1\SBCD\DOSDRV\CTLOAD E:\PROGRA~1\SBCD\DOSDRV\SBIDE.SYS
/D:MSCD001 /V /P:168,10,36e
C:\WIN95\COMMAND\MSCDEX /D:MSCD001 /V /M:8
E:\Tools_95\GUEST

Essentially, it looks like your typical Autoexec.bat file. The problem
is in loading xx.SYS files. The CTLOAD (SoundBlaster) utility can do
this. I'm not aware of any intrinsic Win98/95 command that can.

Good luck,
Steve K6UM
wa8lly@pacbell.net

and thanks everyone for your pointers!

Randy Powell
w6sw@jps.net

Randy,

How did that workout.  Do you need some examples?

Don Nutt
N6TDM/0  - The Peculiar Nutt  (Peculiar, Cass County,  MO)
don@kcnet.com
01/28/99 20:52:54 CST