CT-User

[ct-user] More on CT 9.3x and ICOM radio control

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] More on CT 9.3x and ICOM radio control
From: Steve Lund <wa8lly@pacbell.net> (Steve Lund)
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 19:01:30 -0800
Had some time today to download various versions of CT 9.3x from the
vault to test out the ICOM radio control problems. I'm using an IC-735
on COM3. My testing was done with CQ WPX CW as the contest.

CT 9.35
        Works fine. When changing bands (Alt-F1/F2 or typing freq in call
field) only VFO A seems to be used.

CT 9.37b
        Works most of the time. Occasionally, when changing bands with either
Alt F1/F2 or typing frequency in call field, the frequency would go into
the phone band with the 10 KHz digit not displaying. The BandMap would
follow, but would show the 10 KHz digit. Typing the frequency in again
would fix this problem, which occurred about 1 out of 10 times when
changing bands. Only VFO A was being used.

CT 9.38 & CT 9.39

        Totally broken for ICOM use as previously reported.

This is obviously not a problem with EMM386.EXE. CT 9.38/39 actively
jump to VFO B when changing bands. Unless, you press the radio VFO
button twice, the radio appears to be stuck on 20m. If you jump between
bands CT thinks (& BandMap confirms) the radio is at the band edge
XX.000, but it is not.

Could run with CT 9.35 but it scores WPX incorrectly. Guess I'll be
using CT 8.53 this weekend for ARRL DX.

73,
Steve K6UM