CT-User

[ct-user] RE: Which CT files to ARRL?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RE: Which CT files to ARRL?
From: Jim Kehler <kh2d@kuentos.guam.net> (Jim Kehler)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 01:11:14 -0000
I wouldn't hold my breath until Dan answers questions if I were you.

This was posted on an email list that I administer last November:

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
>Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 7:56 AM
>Subject: RE: Log submittal

>ASCII is only one of the accepted formats,  Certainly the NA or CT .bin
>files are more than welcome.
>
>73
>Dan Henderson, N1ND
>Contest Branch Manager, ARRL

On December 14th last year we discussed file formats via email, at
which time it was suggested that if he says CT format is 'OK' then
the ARRL web page be updated to reflect same.  Never got done,
obviously. We also discussed the rules for ARRL contests regarding
use of DX clusters - which were written by the two head guys in
charge in Newington, Wishy and Washy.  I asked him a Yes or No
question and never did get a Yes or No answer. Got a lot of Wishy
Washy, but never a yes or no.

This discussion comes up after EVERY ARRL contest. Apparently
because the ARRL is not serious enough about contesting
anymore to post a web page with definitive rules and definitive
formats for submitting logs. Maybe they should give their HF
contests to someone who is interested in administering them
properly, like they did with the VHF ones, so they can stay focused
on their core business of selling HT's.

Personally, I solved the problem by not sending them any more logs.
No sense in being serious about a contest when the organizers aren't.

73, Jim KH2D