CT-User

[ct-user] V9.42 beta bug

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] V9.42 beta bug
From: K0HB - Hans <k0hb@arrl.org> (K0HB - Hans)
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1999 18:26:02 +0100
W5HUQ Wrote:

> I tried both vfo's here and the program runns flawlessly.
>
> setup
> FT1000mp
> AMD K6 II 450
> 128 mb ram
> Radio com 2
> CW  Com 1

Maybe it's some Icom related thing.

KB3MM Wrote:

> Isn't it possible to boot directly into the command
> line DOS without going to 98 first ?

Yes.  I tried that with same failure. (I like loading
Win98 first, to get my mouse loaded.)

> Did you get the latest version oif 42 ?

I downloaded it 2 days ago, version 9.42.004.

When it crashes, it displays what appears to be contents
of various registers, some memory addresses, and a line
which reads:

   Crash address (unrelocated) 1:000278A9

Just to double-check, I reloaded an earlier version
(9.40) which runs perfectly with the exact same setup.

73, Hans, K0HB