CT-User

[ct-user] WPX SERIAL NUMBER ANOMALIES

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] WPX SERIAL NUMBER ANOMALIES
From: Brian Miller" <brianmiller@xtra.co.nz (Brian Miller)
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 00:39:10 +1300
We have just used CT940 in WPX M/M mode for the VK/ZL/OCEANIA PH contest
from ZL6QH. The 3 stations were networked using K1TTT's NETTSR  network.

The configuration worked well except for a couple of frustrating serial
number anomalies.

At one stage the 20m station started displaying serial numbers offset by 100
or so more contacts than what had actually been worked.

We also had intermittent problems with the stations logging contacts offset
by 1, i.e., the serial number sent was 1 contact different to the number
recorded after entering the QSO into the log.

Has anyone else encountered these anomalies? If so have you found a solution
or work-around to avoid the problems? How about an explanation of how the CT
numbering allocation works in a WPX M/M networked environment?

We will be running a similar setup at ZL6QH for the VK/ZL/OCEANIA CW contest
this weekend - any advice before then will be appreciated.

Thanks & 73

Brian Miller ZL1AZE
Registered Electrical Engineer
67 Hornsey Road