CT-User

[ct-user] Re: 1000MP problems with CT ?ver???

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: 1000MP problems with CT ?ver???
From: Tony <ad6id@arrl.net> (Tony)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:01:12 -0700
Hi all,
   I had trouble with ct & 1000MP last month. With some help from you guys,
here's what I found.

   CT 9.40 communicates properly with the 1000MP. CT 9.37 would NOT work
with my computer, but the comm link _did_ work with 2 other programs. I'm
using an HP Pavillion and a standard Radio Shack DB9 female to DB9 female
cable. The cable was $9.

   I also use Log-EQF and TRX-Manager; both work with the 1000MP. You could
try the demo Log-EQF as an RS232 stimulator. (http://www.itis.net/eqf/)

good luck,  Tony

At 05:03 PM 10/7/99 -0400, Dick Green wrote:
>Bob,
>
>I get somewhat different results on my Radio Shack tester. First, my lights

>In addition to the Radio Shack tester, I did my experiments here with a
>1000mp, CT 9.37, COM1 and a fancy RS232 breakout box (the $250+ variety that
>I picked up at the Rochester hamfest for $25 -- best bargain ever!) This box
>lets me selectively interrupt and patch signals, and slows the signal pulses
>down enough so they can be clearly seen.
>
>> After buying the radiochack RS232 tester and putting it in line between
>> the FT1000MP com-port and the computer com-port here is what I found:
>>
>> For the FT1000MP that is NOT correctly communicating with the computer:
>>
>>      TD    RED                  RD     nothing (no light)
>>      RTS   GREEN                CTS    GREEN
>>      DSR   GREEN                DTR    GREEN
>>      CD    GREEN
>>
>> When I tune the radio, there is NO flicker of lights.
>> When I use the computer to change bands on the radio, the TD light
>> momentarily changes from RED to GREEN.
>> When I use the radio to change bands the computer does NOT respond and
>> NO lights blink.
>

>---
>Submissions 1000mp@qth.net
>
>    *****ATTENTION*****
>This list is presently configured so that when you
>use your *Reply* function on your email application
>your message will be sent to the 1000mp list.
>If you wish to reply privately to the original poster
>cut & paste or type the original poster's address in
>the *Send* field of your email application.

Tony Armendariz, AD6ID
ad6id@arrl.net
FISTS 3535   WPSS  ARRL