CT-User

[ct-user] Post CT 9.37 internal serial port support issue?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Post CT 9.37 internal serial port support issue?
From: Gary Letchford" <k0luz@email.msn.com (Gary Letchford)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:11:46 -0400
I got to agree that lately,  there have been a lot of bugs especially with
trying to interface the radio with the program.    Lately,  I've left off
the radio interface and it has worked ok.   But,  you're  right,  there
certainly have been more than its share of bugs lately.

But then the price has been right too!   If we didn't like what he was
doing,  all I needed to do was go back to my original disk that I bought a
few years ago and use that . . .   after all . . . .    that was the last
update I paid anything for.   So I got to credit Ken with trying to do the
right thing.    Now someone needs to get something that works flawlessly
with windows 95 or 98   (  ha .....   nothing works flawlessly with 95 or
98 ---
and go away all you Linux fans  (hi)).

73
Red
K0LUZ
http://www.letchforddesign.com

> Red,
>
> Thanks for your observations. I had got 9.39 on the basis of testing apps
> since 9.37 where the serial changes occured. I didn't get time late last
> night to try 9.44 but did look this morning from my office to see if
anyone
> had fixed or noticed the problems. Ken normaly says if he has fixed
> something that he saw was broken and puts it in the release note.
>
> In our experience over the last few years of doing this, using the latest
> version of CT has _always_ presented us with a broken this or a broken
that
> - normally about 6 hours before the start of CQWW (read this as the latest
> version isn't always the best). This happend with version 8, 9.02 (a lot
of
> fixes), 9.14 9.16 I can go on. Because of various busts, we used 9.27 last
> year.
>
> This is an attempt to ask if anyone else has seen this and whether I've
done
> something wrong in my assumptions. I was trying to get the message out
> early, to gain some time for everyone - nothing more (don't forget that
some
> of the DX teams we like to work are soon to leave or have left for their
> destinations).
>
> If I find that it is busted in 9.44 (which is what I'm expecting given
other
> bugs I've seen) I'll have been justified in my experince in dealing with
CT