CT-User

[ct-user] Re: CT 9.46 Windows beta version

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Re: CT 9.46 Windows beta version
From: Dan Karg" <dkarg@mn.mediaone.net (Dan Karg)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 00:26:43 -0000

I found that the "CW PORT ERROR, Error Opening DriverAgent" was caused by
the Parallel port in the BIOS being setup as an ECP port, I changed it to a
normal parallel port and CT stopped complaining.

One thing, don't use the SETUP command to go and look at com port settings,
it will hang the ports when you exit the SETUP screen, (with error mesages)
forcing you to restart CT to get the ports happy again.

I also see the Illegal operation message on exit. it seems to not cause any
long term problems.

I have not seen the DLL issues that other's had talked about. But I allways
keep the WIN98 box's updated to all the latest stuff available by the
Windows Update Site.

I used CTWIN for CQWW CW (abt 200q's) and noted 2 items:

CW sending would stutter some times if I had other windows tasks running,
most notably Outlook Express when it went to check for new email.

CT did exit a few times without any error messages, I think this was when
the windows was going to put the computer in the standby state. I saw a few
error messages about windows being unable to put the computer in standby
state because some program would not allow it (no mention as to which
program). I was unable to determine a pattern in this behavior.
No data was lost in any case of CT exiting.

System: WIN98, P233MX,96MRam,4ComPorts.

Dan WR0DK