CT-User

[ct-user] Difference in .brk and .sum files -- total score and QSO count

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Difference in .brk and .sum files -- total score and QSO count for CQWW contest
From: Gary Yantis" <gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:07:04 -0600
This is probably one of those "the answer is obvious" questions but, thus far,
the answer is not obvious to me.  I've noticed that the total score in the
"Breakdown in kilo-points per hour" in my .brk file is different than what is
shown on my summary sheet (.sum file).  The .sum file agrees with the program
itself.  The number of total contacts shown in "Breakdown in minutes/QSO's per
hour" in the .brk file is also different than the summary sheet and the program
itself.  I went back and checked my files for CQWW 98 and 97 and saw the same
difference.  The .brk file numbers are higher than the summary sheet in each
case by 2 to 5%.  I looked at all of these same files in the last few years of
my IARU and WPX entries and there are no differences between the .brk and .sum
total score and contact numbers.  I'm guessing the .sum file and the program
itself are showing the correct numbers but can someone tell me why the .brk
numbers are different and apparently only for CQWW?  I'm using the latest
version (9.46) but also tried this in 9.40 and saw the same difference.

Thanks in advance for answers (guesses appreciated too).

73
Gary, W0TM
www.w0tm.com <http://www.w0tm.com>