CT-User

[ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D
From: John D. Allen" <jallen@vhfcom.com (John D. Allen)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:48:02 -0500
I had a problem with my FT-1000D sticking in TX when keyed by CT from the
front panel jack with a keyer
"Y" connected.  (10 and 20 M with more than 400-500 Watts.)  I assumed it
was RF getting into CPU.  Did all good things, no significant change.
Half way thru CQWW, a light lit up in my head - ground loop???  I unplugged
the shield part of the phone connector from the computer to the "Y" that
went to the keyer and FT1000, and the problem went completely away and
stayed away.

Needless to say, this would allow lots of RF into the cable to the FT1000
key jack, but it apparently eliminated RF current flowing on the shield
which was the real problem.

NO guarantee that this will work for anyone else, but, it is easy to try.

73 all, John, K1AE