CT-User

[ct-user] Keying from High IRQ COM Port?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Keying from High IRQ COM Port?
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 20:07:30 -0000
You don't say it but it sounds as though you have been unsuccessful trying
to use com3 with IRQ 9.  This is common.  Try another available IRQ for
com3.

It's been a while, but I believe that all the higher IRQ's are "cascaded"
off of IRQ9 in certain machines, thereby using up IRQ9 without having a
specific device connected to it.

You should be able to use IRQ5 or IRQ7 as CT does not use the printer port
IRQ's anyway - unless you're using a DVP or W9XT card on those IRQ's.

Robert E. Naumann  N5NJ@arrl.net
N5NJ / V26O
Plano, TX  USA
ex KR2J, V26RN, W6V, WA2OVE