CT-User

[ct-user] writelog error in 9.45

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] writelog error in 9.45
From: Roger Pender <n6gl@ix.netcom.com> (Roger Pender)
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 12:25:31 -0800
Dear Jim,

There are at least two bugs in 9.45: one major and one minor.

First the major bug:  Writelog is broken.  When I use it I get the
following:
N6GL.txt
ar160m99.con
ar160m99.160 which is an empty file which is also broken and can't be
opened, copied, etc.
a message that reads:
DOS/4GW Professional error (2001): exception 0Eh (page fault) at
180:004D852B
plus a screen full of variables and hex addresses

In order to get useable logs I had to go back in and do a WRITEARRL
which gave me a n6gl.log and a WRITESUM which gave me a summary sheet.

Now for the minor bug.  Whenever I start up 9.45 in a contest the band
always reads 20 and the frequency is 14.00000 no matter what band and
frequency my radio is actually on.  If I try to change bands with alt-F1
or alt-F2 it tells me that the radio is not responding.  HOWEVER if I
just move the radio frequency knob slightly, ct starts reading my radio
correctly.  This problem did not occurr in 9.23 which I used before
changing over.  I am using the same settings that I used in v9.23:
Radio1 is an IC737 and CW Port is  LPT 1, which I choose in the
Information Sheet screen. All the other options:TNC, Radio2, etc. are
set to NONE.  In the Communications Setup screen I am using the same
options that I used with this rig in version 9.23 which are: Com ports:
com2 1200 radio1    Devices:Radio1  Baud rate:1200.
On a few rare occasions the program hangs reading 14.0000 and I have to
turn off the computer, then turn it on again, and move the frequency
dial to solve the problem.  The only potential problem is if I turn on
the computer after tuning in a qso; that might result in a 40m qso being
logged as a 20m qso,etc.

73,  Roger, N6GL