CT-User

[ct-user] CT crashes

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT crashes
From: Roger Pender <n6gl@ix.netcom.com> (Roger Pender)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:16:38 -0800
CT version 9.4x seems to be slightly flaky when it comes to rig
control.  I am using DOS 6.22 on a 486 computer with CT version 9.45 and
my rig is an ICOM 737A.  Whenever I start a contest session CT will not
read my rig's frequency correctly unless I move the tuning knob a few
Khz up or down.  If I don't perform this ritual it either tells me I am
out of band and refuses to log or else locks up completely and forces me
to either turn the rig on and off or else reboot the computer.  That is
what happens with single band contests like the ARRL 160M or 10M
contests.  With multi-band contests like CQWW it tells me that I am in
the 20M band at 14.0000, no matter what band my rig is really on.
During the 10 Meter contest I was using my memo pad to enter spot
frequencies in order to go back and try to work stations that were in
heavy pile ups.  As I was scrolling through my five memo pad frequencies
I came upon one that was not set was not set to 10 meters.  CT
immediately gave me an "out of band" message and dumped me out of the
program.  I did not lose any data and my log was not corrupted.  All I
had to do was restart the program.  However it took me about two
restarts to figure out what the problem was.  I did not have this
problem with CT version 9.23.  It worked perfectly with my ICOM rig.

73,  Roger, N6GL