CT-User

[ct-user] Fwd: Dropped Chars on TNC Interface

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Fwd: Dropped Chars on TNC Interface
From: Charlie and Janet Ross <ross_family@acm.org> (Charlie and Janet Ross)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:51:40 -0500
Status update:

Appears to be resolved.  Changed TNC to 8 bits-no parity and it worked.

Why COMTSR1 had been happy with the old settings on the old card on the old
computer, whereas COMTSR3 on the new card on the new computer was more
finicky, I can't guess.  But I had previously noted the need to go to 8/0
to get my RTTY controller (PK-232) working on the old computer... COMTSR
doesn't seem to like being told to use 7 bits.

Thanks to all who replied, especially KB3MM who reminded me about the 8/0
setting.

Happy New Year!

--Charlie

                     ross_family@acm.org
Charlie Ross                         Janet Ross
Amateur Radio Operator NC1N          Cross-Stitch Enthusiast