CT-User

[ct-user] Serial interface & keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Serial interface & keying
From: alsopb <alsopb@gloryroad.net> (alsopb)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:12:54 +0000
This brings up the nasty Win2000 problem.  My understanding is that
like WIN-NT one will not be able to use the LPT's for keying, antenna
control or anything else.  Those contemplating WIN2000 will probably
have to go this way anyhow.  What can be done to continue antenna
control via the computer hasn't been addressed by anyone yet. (no we
don't all have MP's or rigs which directly provide band data type
outputs)

I would like very much to know for sure this is not true, but the
tooth fairy hasn't been around here for quite some time.

73 de Brian/K3KO