CT-User

[ct-user] Dos Drivers for IBM "I" notebook PC for networking for CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Dos Drivers for IBM "I" notebook PC for networking for CT
From: David Robbins <k1ttt@berkshire.net> (David Robbins)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:44:06 +0000
you might look for one of the parallel port network adapters.  they used to be
fairly common, essentially they are an external converter box with drivers that
run ethernet via the parallel port.

you may also try running ct in a dos window.  but if you do this you must either
prevent windows from loading it's network drivers because the dos packet drivers
needed by nettsr can not share the card with other drivers. or get a packet
driver emulator for win 98.  i have a freeware one for win95, unfortunately the
writer is now selling it (relatively cheaply anyway) for win98... see
http://www.danlan.com/ for info.

--
David Robbins K1TTT (ex KY1H)
k1ttt@berkshire.net   or   robbins@berkshire.net