CT-User

[ct-user] Summary - Keying 1000MP

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Summary - Keying 1000MP
From: John Loftus" <John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au (John Loftus)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 07:21:52 +1000
Thanks to all who responded to my question about moving between CT and
paddle keying - without the need for front panel switching the MP1000
internal keyer.

The consensus is that an external keyer is the practical way to go with the
Yaesu 1000MP. An external keyer can be paralleled with the CT keyer to
achieve the desired style of operation. With this arrangement, the 1000MP
keyer is permanently switched off.

It will be interesting to see if anyone can work up a 1000MP modification to
overcome what really is a manufacturer's design problem, arising from a
failure to understand the customer's needs. I believe that many have already
tried to get this message through to the manufacturer - without a positive
response.

In other respects the 1000MP gets good reports.

Regards,

John Loftus
VK4EMM
Oceania Team Leader (with VK4XY) for WRTC-2000

John_Loftus@vettweb.net.au