CT-User

[ct-user] Deflalting bands on CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Deflalting bands on CT
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 11:56:50 -0000
I think that on the surface this seems to make sense, but in the long
run, you might be better off teaching them how to change bands
properly.  It's not that difficult.  Alt-F1 or Alt-F2 depending on
direction you want to go.  They're going to have to know how to change
mode too.  What if they change it by mistake ?  They'll need to know
how to fix it.

Field Day Computer Logging Procedure

1) Insert Floppy for the band you're going to operate
2) Reboot the computer
3) Verify that the band displayed is correct - if not Press Alt-F1 or
Alt-F2 until the band is correct
4) Verify that the mode is correct - If not, Press Ctrl-F1 or Ctrl-F2
until the mode is correct
5) Operate
6) When done on that band, remove floppy and go to Step one

The idea of using a disk still makes sense for each band as the qsos
for that band will only be on that disk regardless of what band the
program says they're on.

Robert E. Naumann
N5NJ / V26O
N5NJ@arrl.net