CT-User

[ct-user] CT on a Win 98 Machine

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT on a Win 98 Machine
From: dj7aa-wil@t-online.de (Wil DJ7AA) (Wil DJ7AA)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:28:11 +0000
dennis egan wrote:

> Count me as one of those that has never been successful in getting CT to run
> on a Win 98 machine.  I spent many hours trying to do it- one time it
> wouldn't key the LPT, one time it wouldn't communicate with the Radio, one
> time I could receive but not send spots- it was just too squirrelly to waste
> time with.
>
> The easiest way I have gotten it to work is to the use the emergency boot
> disk.  Set up the CMOS so that the computer searches the A: drive first,
> then put the emergency boot disk in and turn on the computer.  It boots up
> to pure DOS and CT runs beautifully.
>
> Dennis NB1B

This running very perfect, you can easy edit the msdos.sys file in your
C:\ directory, remove the write-protection from the file, and edit the
following:

;FORMAT
[Paths]
WinDir=C:\WINDOWS
WinBootDir=C:\WINDOWS
HostWinBootDrv=C

[Options]
Logo=0
BootWin=0
BootMulti=1
BootGUI=0
BootKeys=1
Bootmenu=0
Network=1
DisableLog=1

on this way, the computer booting in DOS, when you like to boot in
windows, simple type win <enter>..

But you also may use the boot-keys from windows, to boot in dos.
May be they are disable on your MS-DOS.SYS...

Hope this help.

73 Wil
--
Webpage:  http://www.qsl.net/dj7aa/