CT-User

[ct-user] Computer keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Computer keying
From: Frank Grossman <71042.1303@compuserve.com> (Frank Grossman)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 00:28:37 -0400
Thanks for the suggestions, Bob...

>>Does your radio have a built-in keyer? If so, that's why it needs a
tip-ring-sleeve plug. dits/dahs and ground. When CT or DX4WIN keying is
desired, the keyer has to be shut off. Then by checking the manual you can
find out which 2 connections on the tip-ring-sleeve plug are hooked up for a
straight key. You should be able to use these 2 connections for keying out of
your rig.<<

The IC-765 uses a separate jack to plug paddles into the built in keyer, so
we don't think this is an issue.  As you know, our set up works fine with our
N3JT interface for com2.

73,
Frank