CT-User

[ct-user] CT & WIN 98/MOUSE-HOW TO DO IT!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT & WIN 98/MOUSE-HOW TO DO IT!
From: Alexander Aimette" <aaimette@hotmail.com (Alexander Aimette)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:41:20 EDT
here is the info for solving the WIN98/COMPORT/MOUSE DOES NOT WORK PROBLEM!!
  THANKS TO AB2E, K3WW, ES AD1C PLUS MANY OTHERS!!

1-CT DOES NOT WORK IN A DOS 98 WINDOW--IN A WINDOW OPENED FROM WINDOWS TO
GET THE DOS PROMPT.  THE COM PORTS DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH CT ETC.

2-GO TO "REBOOT DOS" INSTEAd of "windows dos"---IE SHUTDOWN, CHOOSE "RESTART
IN DOS MODE"  ES YOU GET TO A PROMPT WITH "C:\WINDOWS"  This IS the dos
prompt and if you want you can change directory to c:\---YOU ARE NOW IN OLD
DOS--the REBOOT DOS  ONLY,  Windows 98 is gone.

3-YOU CAN CD TO GO TO YOUR CT DIRCTORY ES START UP CT JUST AS ALWAYS LOADING
THE APPROPRIATE TSR.

4-iF THE MOUSE DOES NOT WORK NOW WHEN U ARE IN CT YOU NEED A MOUSE DRIVER.
aB2E SUGGESSTED THE WIN3.1 "LMOUSE.COM" DRIVER WHICH I HAVE ATTATCHED TO
THIS EMAIL.  THE WAY TO DO IT IS AS FOLLOWS:

[NOTE:  The attachment was removed.  You'll have to contact him
directly if you want the file. - AD1C]

4A-MD A DIR CALLED "c:\LMOUSE"
4B-COPY THE LMOUSE.COM FILE INTO THE lmouse DIRECTORY
4C-CHANGE TO C:\LMOUSE DIRECTORY
4D-TYPE "MOUSE
THIS WILL INSTALL THE LOGITECH MOUSE DRIVER ES THEN WHEN YOU GO TO CT THE
MOUSE SHOULD WORK!!!
You might want to automate the whole process as k3ww does with a batch file
placed in the c:\ root directory.

I apologize for being pedantic,  but so often people have tried to help me
and they assume I know things which I don't.

Thanks fer all who helped.
Now back to the contest prep!!!

alexs w2ox/v47kp