CT-User

[ct-user] TS850/V9.51 difficulties

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] TS850/V9.51 difficulties
From: alsopb <alsopb@gloryroad.net> (alsopb)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:40:39 +0000
I wonder if others with a TS850 had some problems this weekend.

This was a one radio setup with TS850 specified as the radio.

I started with v9.50 (which I thought I had used before and checked
out) However, it would not enter frequency except sporatically either
the rig or the spot window.

Downloaded v9.51.  It did much better.  Normal spots were grabbed all
the time successfully except as described below.  However, there still
some problems with the split operation.

1) It works only about 90% of the time.  When it doesn't work, it
reverts back to the non-grab state.  Yes, ctrl-> and move to spot and
hit enter was used.  Starting point was run state.

2) Once successfully in split, I could load other splits.  However,
most of the time, I could not load a spot without a split.  It simply
reverted back to the old split spot.  The solution was to manually set
the rig to non-split operation, cycle between run and grab and then
grab the new spot.

I don't know if this is a program bug, a communications problem or
both.

My current rig interface does not use RTS/CTS/DSR/DTR lines.  These
are
hardwired to be active all the time.

Unlike earlier versions, V9.51, correctly announced the spot
frequencies (not reversed) and grabbed them into the correct vfo.

Input on solving this requested.

73 de Brian/K3KO