CT-User

[ct-user] CT & Kenwood radio Polling

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT & Kenwood radio Polling
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net (Bob Naumann - N5NJ)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 11:18:04 -0000
If it's a Kenwood rig, it's the radio that's not providing the data.
The way the Kenwood appears to work is that it waits until the
frequency is stable, then it sends it out.

In contrast, an Icom radio sends out all kinds of stuff as you turn
the dial.

We had two Icom radios (775 and the 751A that we got working through
people here - thanks) on our network at V26B and it was really cool to
see them changing frequency real-time on the Alt-J
display.

Robert E. Naumann
N5NJ / V26O
N5NJ@arrl.net