CT-User

[ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Has anybody used a Dell System with CT?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:24:53 -0500
At 01:05 PM 11/30/00 -0000, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:

>Frank what you're looking to do is not impossible.
>
>What you may want to consider as an alternative is to have your two
>PC's connected to a device that will allow you to use the same
>monitor, keyboard and mouse with either one....

Actually, a little network might be an even better idea, since that way
both computers could be on at the same time.  With one of the network
starter kits from someone like Netgear, you can be up and running for <$100
with peer-to-peer file-sharing, modem sharing, etc.  I have my wife's and
my computers networked this way with ordinary CAT5 cable and have had zero
problems with RFI in or out at QRO power, even though I beat up her monitor
pretty badly on some bands (and have since before the network).

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at