CT-User

[ct-user] Bug in CT - can't write Cabrillo file for portable callsign

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Bug in CT - can't write Cabrillo file for portable callsign
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:22:44 -0500
There is a bug in CT which has tripped up a couple of people.

If your callsign in CT contains a portable (i.e. K1JB/VE9), CT will be
UNABLE to generate the Cabrillo output file.  The output file name is based
on the callsign.  In the portable case "/" is a special character to DOS,
and I'm not sure exactly what's happening, but suffice it to say, there
will be NO <CALL>.TXT file.

The work-around is to change your callsign in CT to something else - it
must be from the same country in order to generate the score correctly
(i.e. try VE9XYZ in the above example).  Then when you perform WRITELOG,
edit the VE9XYZ.TXT file (Cabrillo log) to change all references from
VE9XYZ to K1JB/VE9 (again following the example).

I hope Ken can fix this problem in due course.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
http://www.ad1c.com/